Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My Jenn-aire refrigerator temperature went from 31 up to 64,

Customer Question

My Jenn-aire refrigerator temperature went from 31 up to 64, stayed there for hours. I was goint to call a repairman. Then refrigerator temp went back to 31. Freezer was working, still is. What's going on?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. My name is XXXXX XXX I am anxious to help you fix your appliance! When the refrigerator temperature went up, did the freezer temperature go up as well? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The temp change did not appear to affect the freezer. The refrigerator temp stood at around 68 for some 10 hours. I froze bootled water and stuck the bottles around in the frig, which probably helped somewhat. At 11:00 p.m. the temp had gone back to 31 and a negative -1 and was still there in the morning.

Model #JCD2295KES. The refrigerator is about 5 yrs old.

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
So that means there was an air flow issue. Since it has corrected itself, it is not a defrost issue, so that leaves the fan and the air baffle. If the fan had stopped running, the freezer would likely have had some temperature issues as well. I suspect the air baffle assembly (number 7) stuck in the closed position. This is purely an educated guess and since it is now working, impossible to diagnose with any degree of certainty. I can get you a link to the part, but cannot guarantee it is what caused the problem. I would recommend not replacing any part unless you can tell for certain it is bad, but I will leave it up to you. You can watch it and post back if it fails again, too. There is no additional charge for this if you post back to this thread!

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Rating me will NOT close this question! Once you offer your feedback rating, you may still refer back to this thread, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved! Please let me know how I can earn your highest rating, thanks!