Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have a GE 131 washer. It stopped during the washing cycle

I have a GE 131 washer. It stopped during the washing cycle and did not drain the water. It has no power and I've checked my circuit plug and it's ok.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 2 years ago.
Hello ..I'm glad you Gave Just Answer a try today..I should be able to save you a significant amount of money on your repair...The number you have provided is not the model number..If you can locate the model number i can help you further..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
GTWN4950L0WS
Good model number..Thanks for that information..The washer filled....The washer agitated..? Set the washer to drain/Spin..Let me know what is does..If anything..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing, no lights or anything.
If you are getting no lights .nothing..First make sure you have power at the outlet where the washer cord is plugged into(Which you already stated that you did)..From the outlet..You will need to test for power through the washers power cord to the computer #35..Since you stated there are no lights on ..Then you either have a power supply problem(Homes power to outlet) or a faulty computer..The control boards on this unit are a common problem..By test power to the control..you will verify that the washer has power..Thanks Bob

graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How and where do I test the the control?
Unfortunately you will not be able to test the actual control board without factory test equipment..What you will need to do is test power into the control board with a test meter..You should get 120 volts to the control board..If you have 120 volts up to the control board then the control board is faulty..If you do not have 120 volts to the board..Then you have a problem with power reaching the board..Which would be the cord or no power to the outlet the washer is plugged into..Follow the cord to the washer..Then test at the cord on the washer side for 120 volts.
Unplug the washer..remove the screws #151..To access the control board..Follow the cord back to the control area..Test for power at the cord inside the control area..Like i said it should be at 115 -120 volts on your test meter..

graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm getting 122.6 on the back of the control board.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Also forgot to say that it sparks when I plug it in.

Ok great ..This means your control board is faulty..Did you have a power outage recently.?.Like i said the control boards on this unit are very weak .You did say you removed the water from the tub..You can simply check this by restarting the washer..If it does not fill then this means you are not getting power to the water valve from the control board..(Faulty Board)
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair