Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a maytag washer/dryer stackable model # XXXXX when

I have a maytag washer/dryer stackable model # XXXXX when turned on to wash nothing happens. NoWater at all.But if you pour water in with a bucket the washer starts to work. Is this a bad sensor or something like that?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Will the washer still spin and drain like normal?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes it will spin and drain
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
OK so it sounds like your only problem then is that the washer isn't filling up with water, correct? Have you tried hot, cold, warm water settings? And are you sure that the water is getting water from your house?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes the water from the house is ok everywhere else
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
ok so turn the water level knob to make sure it's not just stuck between options Does it still not fill?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No,nothing happens turning the water level knob
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
ok then unfortunately you have a failed part. Either the pressure switch or the timer has failed. The valve isn't likely to fail if both hot and cold went out at the same time. I would probably replace the pressure switch first since it's more likely to cut out both parts. That is the switch behind the knob you turn to select the water level. If you still have problems, then you'd need to replace the control timer which is usually quite expensive.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there are wires coming off of the water level knob so where doI find the pressure switch
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
That is the pressure switch. The switch that your knob is attached to with all the wires and the 1 small rubber hose connected to it---is your pressure switch. Below is a link to the part so you can see what it looks like.

CLICK HERE

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.