Appliance Tech Care
Appliance Tech Care, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs

My washer just keeps saying door locked and unlocked and rotates

Customer Question

My washer just keeps saying door locked and unlocked and rotates each way once then pauses. I accidentally washed some rags I had used to clean in it with out rinsing them first so I think the washer thinks I used the wrong detergent. How do I get it to run?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Care replied 2 years ago.

Appliance Tech Care :

I will be glad to help you with your question today.

Appliance Tech Care :

May I have the model number off the label on the machine, please?

Appliance Tech Care :

Are you saying the machines inner tub is just rotating back and forth?
Can you open the door or is it locked?

Customer :

It is model WCOH6800JIWW

yes the inner tube rotates. when it unlocks and pauses i can open the door

Appliance Tech Care :

Can you double check that model carefully, its not coming up

Customer :

hold on I have to go down to the basement

Appliance Tech Care :

How about this WCVH6800JWW

Customer :

That could be it. I couldn't open the door it is locked again

Customer :

it is a hydroheater front loading

Appliance Tech Care :

is sounds like it stuck in the initialization program which is this
The door locks.
The wash basket briefly tumbles in both directions.
The door unlocks.
The door locks.
The fill cycle begins

Customer :

yes but then it pauses and unlocks and I have to push start again and it does the same thing all over again never acctually running a cycle

Appliance Tech Care :

I think you have a problem with the computer but we can try putting it thru a test cycle and see if that resets it. Can you unplug the washer?

Customer :

yes.

Appliance Tech Care :

Press power button to clear any current cycles.
Note: The display must be blank to proceed.
Disconnect the power for 30 seconds.Reconnect power and within 30 seconds of reconnecting power:
Press signal button.
Press delay start button.
Press signal button.
Press delay start button. (The door will lock, then will display t01.)

Customer :

power to turn it off?

Appliance Tech Care :

unplug

Appliance Tech Care :

30secs

Customer :

do i want the power on or off when i unplug it?

Appliance Tech Care :

unplug

30secs

Customer :

i understand all of that but u said to push the power button to clear the screen so do I want the power on when I unplug it or off ?

Customer :

what do I do after the t01 display? it is in the basement and my computer is on the 3rd floor. I don't want to run back up here over and over

Appliance Tech Care :

ok, just power it off and go thru the key dance then wait to see if it will go thru a test sequence, if not each time you press the START button the function will advance.T2 will then give you any stored error codes
write down any codes you see
So get to T1 the press the start button to t2 and read codes

Customer :

k ill be back in a bit

Customer :

i got e31

Appliance Tech Care :

E31 says your drain is clogged. Under the cover in the front is a cleanout for the pump. You need to remove the front panel and unscrew the cleanout. If there is any water in the machine it will come out on the floor so make sure you have a place to drain it. or get a shop vac to suck the water up as you remove the cap. You can tip the machine up against the wall if possible to stop most of the water from coming out. If you get the filter cleaned out the machine should work again

Appliance Tech Care :

Also to cancel out the test mode, do the key dance again or the machine will lock up
I would do it now before you unplug it

Appliance Tech Care :

Press signal button.
Press delay start button.
Press signal button.
Press delay start button.

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.