Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

I have a bottom freezer GE refrigerator #ZIC360N. The top part

I have a bottom freezer GE refrigerator #ZIC360N. The top part of the freezer is not working right and I see ice on the openings on the back wall. How do I correct this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 2 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and I will use all my training and knowledge of 40 years to help you with your Problem today ,, thanks

is it ice or frost that you see?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ice has formed on the top grills at the back
thank you ,, look inside the freezer and tell me if their is frost on the inside back panel and if the fan inside is blowing please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It looks like frost, on about 2/3 of the back grill holes. I hear the motor but no specific sound down at the freezer. The freezer temp regiesters 14F.
reach into the inside of the freezer at the air vent and tell me if you feel the air blowing out please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If the air vent is the long box on the upper right back side - no. I don't feel any movement of air in the freezer
thats why its not cooling and has ice on the vent, you need to remove the inside back panel in the freezer and replace the fan motor and its part number WR60X10185 which cost about $52 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you and this will fix the fridge and freezer ,, Glad i could help you with your problem so please press the accept or big smiley face for me before you leave for my time and knowledge, before you come back for a refund for any reason let me know and maybe i can help further without it counting against me ,, thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Since the bottom part seems to be working I'll let it go unti Monday when a tech is coming to fix our dishwasher. I'll phone in that part # XXXXX he comes. Worst case we can take our frozen food to a neigbor.
no problem but you will have to replace the motor to get it to cool so i would go ahead and have it ready for when he shows up or you can replace it and save the money he will change ,, thanks and have a great evening and also just because you accept my answer i can still help at no extra charge if you need me ,, thanks again
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service