How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Appliance Tech Larry Your Own Question
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 19183
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Appliance Tech Larry is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a bottom freezer GE refrigerator #ZIC360N. The top part

Resolved Question:

I have a bottom freezer GE refrigerator #ZIC360N. The top part of the freezer is not working right and I see ice on the openings on the back wall. How do I correct this?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and I will use all my training and knowledge of 40 years to help you with your Problem today ,, thanks

is it ice or frost that you see?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ice has formed on the top grills at the back
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
thank you ,, look inside the freezer and tell me if their is frost on the inside back panel and if the fan inside is blowing please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It looks like frost, on about 2/3 of the back grill holes. I hear the motor but no specific sound down at the freezer. The freezer temp regiesters 14F.
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
reach into the inside of the freezer at the air vent and tell me if you feel the air blowing out please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
If the air vent is the long box on the upper right back side - no. I don't feel any movement of air in the freezer
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
thats why its not cooling and has ice on the vent, you need to remove the inside back panel in the freezer and replace the fan motor and its part number WR60X10185 which cost about $52 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you and this will fix the fridge and freezer ,, Glad i could help you with your problem so please press the accept or big smiley face for me before you leave for my time and knowledge, before you come back for a refund for any reason let me know and maybe i can help further without it counting against me ,, thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Since the bottom part seems to be working I'll let it go unti Monday when a tech is coming to fix our dishwasher. I'll phone in that part # XXXXX he comes. Worst case we can take our frozen food to a neigbor.
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
no problem but you will have to replace the motor to get it to cool so i would go ahead and have it ready for when he shows up or you can replace it and save the money he will change ,, thanks and have a great evening and also just because you accept my answer i can still help at no extra charge if you need me ,, thanks again
Appliance Tech Larry and 4 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you