Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Whirlpool Gold GU1200 - small light above the Cancel button

Customer Question

Whirlpool Gold GU1200 - small light above the Cancel button is blinking and DW will not turn on. So what might be the problem/solution?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Unfortunately it's not quite a simple solution since it will require a replacement part to fix this issue. The indicator light over the cancel button blinking means that your touch control panel has shorted. The entire plastic touch control panel needs to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue and the part is about $200 or so.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the quick response. There were a few power blinks during a thunderstorm. ED
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
no problem, that is likely what shorted the touchpad I would imagine.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do several repair jobs around the house and the electric part of the dishwasher is no problem for me. There is an appliance parts shop nearby. Do you see any reason why I should not try this job. I have the right tools to open the back of the door.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Not really, this is quite an easy repair actually. Below is a link to a video that sort of shows you how to access the part and replace it.