Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

My refrigerator kenmore quite making ice. So I replaced the

Customer Question

My refrigerator kenmore quite making ice. So I replaced the filler valve and still the same thing what is the next step?
Submitted: 2 years ago via PartSelect.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.
May I get your units Model number to better assist you?
If you open the freshfood door in will be on the right side wall of the unit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Kenmore model number 253.74802400

does the icemaker mold have water or ice in it ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
neither
ok that the front cover off and turn the large plastic wheel clockwise with a screwdriver to advance the icemaker so it will fill.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I turned it a little and it starting moving all by its self and sounded like it filled up. But I felt and still no water inside so I cycled it one more time and the same thing.

ok can you see the fill tube in the rear of the icemaker is frozen over ?

It so use a screwdriver to break it out , just turn the screwdriver pushing on the ice.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can see it clearly and it and there is no ice in it. It worked until a couple of days ago when I scooted it over to put a freezer in the same room. When I pulled the front cover off a little bit ago ithad some ice build up in it. I am just trying to let you know everything.
when you moved it over could have you kinked the incoming water line ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That was the first thing I figured. I pulled the line off and fill a gallon jug with it. Then I got on line and ordered the filler valve and just put it on today and still in the same shape. No ice

ok and the water supply is turned on ?

And no ice in the mold ,but you where able to hear what sounded like it was filling correct?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

water supply is on. No ice in the mold. The only time I heard it sound like it was filling was when I cyled in manually. It sounded like it filled up for maybe 5 or 6 seconds but no water

can you pull the unit out away from the wall .

remove the water line in the rear of the unit where it goes into the rear of the freezer and then cycle the icemaker again .

put the end of the fill line into a bucket !

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cyled it with it off and water came out of line. I measured it and it was 3/4 cup

ok so then the issue is with that fill tube in the wall being restricted .

you will need to clear the blockage with the screwdriver as mentioned before.

if you have a baster you can squirt hot water into the back till it comes out into the freezer.

Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried running two different srew drivers in there and a paper clip. I may have to unthaw the whole freezer and try and see if that works
or if you have a hair dryer you can melt the ice in the tube.
Just checking in to see how you came out ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
got going and it is working great. Have let it cycle three times now. Thanks for all your help

No problem Glad to assist you .

Good job!

Thank you .