Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My GE GFWN1000LWW. Does the wash cycle just fine. But when

My GE GFWN1000LWW. Does the wash cycle just fine. But when it goes to rinse I hear all the water drain out. The water pump is turned on still but the washer wont spin. After about a minute the washer stops and I have to reset it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you're saying the washer drains all the water out but it won't spin?

What do you mean by "The water pump is turned on still but the washer wont spin. After about a minute the washer stops and I have to reset it."
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can hear a pump going. But the washer is not doing anything
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
ok and what do you mean by " After about a minute the washer stops and I have to reset it." Is the washer turning off completely and the display / control panel goes blank?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The washer just stops. The control panal is still on. The start-reset button blinks. After I push it the washer starts the rinse cycle again. Usually to drain and spin I turn the know to the drain and spin cycle.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
There really isn't much that can cause this issue other than the control board itself unfortunately. The part number you'd need to order and replace is WH12X10457 and it's about $275 or so.