Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

hi - my fridge will not stop beeping .. the door beep.

hi - my fridge will not stop beeping .. the door beep. Samsung Fridge SRS540HP (side by side door). the problem is in the fridge door
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Why do you think the problem is the fridge door?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Because its the same beeping sound (10 beeps) then stops for about a minute or 2 and then again 10 beeps ... and this cycle continues.

This is the sound (and frequency) when I keep the fridge door open for extended periods of time and the fridge is trying to warn me that the door is open.

However the door is closed but the fridge is still trying to warn me. Looks like some glitch in the sensor that identifies whether the door is open or closed.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
The same noise happens when the refrigerator or freezer is over temperature, that is why I ask.

If you shut the refrigerator and freezer door, peel back the door seal with a butter knife and is the light on inside the refrigerator or freezer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, the light was on in the fridge section even when the door was closed.

But after a few hrs it stopped keeping on and it was dark even when I was opening the door .. so not too sure whats going on.

BTW overnight it was beeping. When I got back in the morning it had stopped beeping. Everything seems to be fine now.

I suspect the front panel juice door for this fridge is the culprit as when I opened that small door for juice section it started all over again.

I think I will just stop using the juice door and use the main door each time I need to open the fridge for anything.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
ok so if the light was on in the fridge, that means that your door switch has failed because it's not sensing that the door is shut. If you look around the frame of the refrigerator, you'll see a little push button switch. You will need to order and replace this switch.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.