Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Kenmore Elite HE5t washer sometimes fills with water when

My Kenmore Elite HE5t washer sometimes fills with water when not in use, so when I open the door, water pours out. What is the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today
Can you get us the full model # XXXXX inside the door ? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
110. 47091 601
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
OK, great! the issue is the electronic fill valve is not closing tightly . this can happen when the valve gets small particles of from the water in the valve. you will need to order and replace this. you can order this at the following link and theres also a video on how to replace this there. in the meantime until you get the valve shut the water off at the faucet behind the washer. this will prevent flooding until you get the valve. heres the link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/8182862/1194900?modelNumber=110.47091601 thanks and have a great holiday weekend. Smile, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think you're missing a word in your explanation - "this can happen when you get small particles of _______________ from the water in the valve".
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
sorry , Like fine sand particles or even things like Iron and hard water can cause this. It's definitely your issue however. you can turn the water back on when you need to do laundry until the new valve arrives. Hope this helps. Its hard to say exactly what is causing your valve to stick open though. Something is gumming it up and preventing full closing of the valve. thanks Bryan