Alan
Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years in the appliance repair field.

How to test Troubleshooting 561CJ060-A compressor. Trips b

Customer Question

How to test Troubleshooting 561CJ060-A compressor. Trips breaker.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alan replied 2 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today. Please remember, I do not get paid for my time and expertise until you accept.
The easiest way is to measure between all three terminals. First make sure power is off...there is three leads that supply power to compressor...they should be Yellow Black and Red....make a diagram where these leads connect on your unit and then disconnect them...You will need a multi meter to check ohms of resistance...Yellow is usually the common lead...attach one meter lead to it...now touch other meter lead to black lead...should read somewhere between 1 to 4 ohms...now touch the meter lead to the red wire...should read somewhere between 3 to 7 ohms...next read from yellow lead to side of compressor...if you get any reading then compressor is grounded and needs to be replaced...if you get no reading there, reconnect lead and see if compressor will run...if it will not then if could be possible capacitor is bad

Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ years in the appliance repair field.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry lost my Internet connection. I have 3 wires from compressor, they are yellow, black and blue. I assume the blue would be same as red you describe. I get 0.6 k ohms between yellow and each of other wires. Get same reading between yellow and ground. Dosent make any sense to me. Am I doing something wrong? Leade are connected to only compressor.
Expert:  Alan replied 2 years ago.
Sorry that was misleading, you need to measure between the terminals where the wires were hooked up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I apologize for delayed acceptance and payment. I understand
you do not get paid until the response is accepted. I was having intermittent
Internet connection issues that day and thought I had initiated the acceptance
process. Again I am sorry for delay and appreciate your response and support.

Bill

Expert:  Alan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the accept and the positive feedback.