Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a whirlpool Duet dryer, and have replaced the heating

I have a whirlpool Duet dryer, and have replaced the heating element,thermal fuse,thermister and the hi limit thermister,still no heat. checked the diagnostic, no error codes any idea what it can be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have a model # ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Bryan it is GEW9250PWO
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
OK do you have a volt meter ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
OK, heres what you need to do first, unplug the dryer and remove the two wires from the heating element. isolate them so they don't touch any ground. be extremely careful and start the dryer and test each wire to ground with the meter. each should get 120 volts. one isn't . find out which side is missing power. trace it back. is it the one from the thermostats or from the other side ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't have 120 on the jumper wire going to the thermostats but have 120 on the other wire. when both are hooked up there is 120 on both wires

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
OK you replaced these?Thermistor(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Main Product View
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes and the fuse and heating element
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Ok your getting 120 volts to the solid red wire but none from the res and white wire from the element correct ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes correct
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
OK, the heater relay on the main control board is bad. unfortunately you can replace the relay the control board will need to be ordered and replaced. in the older dryers these relays were separate and cheap. now they are incorporated into the boards. there is a link below to order the board.

control board its part # XXXXX on this diagram.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, our site has been having problems with the accept button, I noticed this question is still open, are you having trouble accepting or do you need more assistance ? I would be happy to continue helping if your problem is not solved. If you have tried to accept the answer and have been unable to please let us know so we can notify the main office of the issue, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.