Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a 2000 Maytag Gemini electric stove glass top stove

I have a 2000 Maytag Gemini electric stove glass top stove with double ovens. Both ovens won't heat, the top burners work fine. There are no fault codes. Model #MER6770AAB
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thanks for using My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am anxious to help you fix your appliance! Do the ovens actually heat to 130* or does the display just read that? Do you have a meter to test with? Have you recently self cleaned the oven?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I feel no heat in either oven, so I think the displays just say those temps. No, I have not recently cleaned the oven. My husband did put a new sensor for the bottom oven about 3 weeks ago, but the oven worked just fine until today. Yes, he has a meter, but at work right now.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Great! The top burners all work well and get red hot, correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Thank you! Turn each oven to "Broil" and see if the top broil elements get hot. Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did, and they do not get hot, both top broil elements stay cold.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 years ago.
Okay, all 4 elements have 2 things in common. They get one side of their power (L1) through the control relays. For all 4 relays to be faulty at the same time would be VERY unlikely. So, the black wire from L1 that leads to each relay may be bad somewhere before it splits and goes to each relay. The other side of the power (L2) comes directly from the terminal block where the cord attaches. That wire is red. That red wire from the L2 may be broken somewhere before it splits and goes to each element. I suspect either the red L2 wire or black L1 wire is broken. Close inspection and testing with a meter will show where the trouble lies. These wires will need to be accessed by removing the back cover panel after pulling the range out and unplugging it. You may refer back to this question at anytime if you need additional help or instruction once you begin.