Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

our GE Triton XL dishwasher was not draining and cleaning dishes

our GE Triton XL dishwasher was not draining and cleaning dishes but the motors worked ok. I put some compressed air down the overflow spout (top of sink) and it started leaking all the water out of the bottom of the unit. I have taken the parts off but cannot get lower than the metal screen on the bottom. What do I do?
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the full model # ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
GSD6200J00WW
OK, this has an electronic drain pump.this will need to be replaced. the other style G.E. dish washers had the drain incorporated into the main wash pump. the drain pump is separate in yours. you don't get to this through the top its underneath, in most cases its easier to remove the dish washer from under the counter.check the drain pump.heres a link to order it . http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drain-Pump/WD26X10016/948053 here a diagram. its part # XXXXX hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK thanks, XXXXX XXXXX how much labor (time, not rate) does it take for a job like this
its not that long a job. Maybe 1 hour or 1 1/2 hours total. the pump is $48.00 at the following link. (a little cheaper than the other link ) http: //www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/GE-Parts/Dishwasher-Parts/WD26X10016/0022/363/Model-GSD6200J00WW/0432/0130000?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=G0306133&diagramPageId=00005&productTypeId=0130000&searchModelNumber=GSD6200J00WW&subCompDesc=Motor-pump%20mechanism&brandDesc=GE&modelDesc=DISHWASHER&blt=11&shdMod=GSD6200J00WW just shut the water off under the sink and take the screws out that go up into the counter top, remove the access panel under the door then remove the water feed line and drain line. take the wire cover off(shut power off at the breaker first) then disconnect the wires and slide the dish washer out.from there its easy ! LOL . well wishes and thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the instruction. Last item,
Do you think blowing compressed air down the air gap harmed the pump and caused the leak?
well it may have caused the leak but I doubt it hurt the pump. the pump was probably already bad.