Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an older model Jenn Air Convection Oven. I used the

Customer Question

I have an older model Jenn Air Convection Oven. I used the self-cleaning mode and now that it is finished and cooled, I cannot move the unlock lever over so I can open the door. All the buttons are on OFF. Help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Do you have a model # XXXXX chance ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no, I'm sorry, but it just says Jenn Air Convection Oven. it is about 20 years old.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay have you tried shutting the power off for about 1/2 hour and then back on ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no. i guess i would do that at the breaker box?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
yes, try that and see if it resets and opens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, will let you know!
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
OK, thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
didn't work. can't move the lever that locks the door. i have to leave the house. thanks anyway.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
OK, sorry. I'll be here tomorrow if you want to come back, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bryan, sorry I had to leave last night. Did you have any other ideas for me besides turning off the power?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
The real problem is I cant even look up diagrams without a model number. does this have a bottom drawer ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i found the manual! it's model #203488

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bryan, I got it unlocked! Finding the manual sure helps. I thought you had to turn the knobs to OFF and then you could unlock it, but you have to do that after you unlock it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
OK thats awesome ! I really couldn't give you any info until I had a model # XXXXX every oven is different and being an older oven it makes it harder. so glad you were able to get this open. If you have any further issues or questions please feel free to come back and ask. thanks and have a great Holiday weekend ! Smile Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, our site has been having problems with the accept button, I noticed this question is still open, are you having trouble accepting or do you need more assistance ? I would be happy to continue helping if your problem is not solved. If you have tried to accept the answer and have been unable to please let us know so we can notify the main office of the issue, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It shows Accepted on May 25th with a check mark by it just above your last entry. I didn't add a Bonus because I ended up figuring it out myself.