standard appliance
standard appliance, Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 year factory certified major appliance tech

I have a Samsung RB217 refrigerator and want to get the water

I have a Samsung RB217 refrigerator and want to get the water supply and filter kit but don't know where to get it, can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  standard appliance replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for using I will be helping you today. Is this what your looking for? If so here is the link to the kit..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That wasn't what I was looking for. In the Samsung RB217AB Refrigerator User's Manual it talked about and showed a Filter cartridge and holder kit plus discussed the water filter installation kit. It talked about "connecting the water supply line to the Cartridge Holder inlet and installing the filter cartridge. I want the same kit the User's manual talks about, not some universal kit offered through Sears.
Here is the samsung filter shown in the manual its part number DA29-00015A
Here is the link to it its the only add on filter i can find for your unit ..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well, that's 1/2 of what I need, what about the water line kit? The one you show is copper but the one I need is plastic, that is the one they talk about in the owner's manual. Once I get that last part I'll be happy with the results of my inquiry.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The part number you gave me no longer is in the system so does me no good. I needed an alternative that did work. I assumed you would have researched the part availability prior to sending me the information. Never mind, I', deal directly with Samsung on this issue since I'm not getting the answer from you in a timely manner.
I sent you an in line water filter kit link the first time and you wanted the part number for the one out of the book. I sent that to you also. But good luck the part is no longer available and you will only be able to find old stock from a dealer that might have some left. I already checked samsung and they have nothing. That is why I sent the link to the universal kit to you the first time....