Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Fridgidaire Freezer-Refrigidaire Model FRS26RAB7 The

I have a Fridgidaire Freezer-Refrigidaire Model FRS26RAB7'
The freezer is working OK but the refrigerator is not cooling. t remains at 10C.
I have vacuumed thecondener coils as recommended but here does
not appear to be any change. I vacuumed approximately 18 hours ago.
can you advise what to do and what may be the problem.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Could you please open the freezer section and check two things ? 1 is the fan in the freezer running ? 2 is there frost on the back panel behind your food in the freezer ? look real good and move the food if necessary. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The fan is running and there is no ice, The problem is with the refrigerator not the freezer.
yes I realize the problem is the refrigerator section but all the cold air comes from the freezer section via the damper assembly and vents. up in the left top corner in the refrigerator section can you feel air flowing through from the freezer ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
+I cannot feel any air flowing in the top left corner in the refrigerator.
okay and your sure theres no frost on the back wall inside the freezer ? this means the damper is bad, the damper is an electronic (door of sorts) it opens and closes to let cold air flow into the refrigerator section as needed to keep the temp. you need to order and replace it. you can order it at this blue link. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Frigidaire-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/241600902/0046/253/Model-FRS26R4CB7/1428/0165000?keySuffixId=NA&pa thTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=R0408187&diagramPageId=00005&productTypeId=0165000&searchModelNumber=FRS26R4CB7&subCompDesc=Controls&brandDesc=FRIGIDAIRE&modelDesc=REFRIGERATOR&blt=11&shdMod= there are 1/4" screws going into the assembly you need to remove to drop the side assembly and get to the damper. hope this info helps, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What is the approximate cost of the Damper and approximate cost to replace it???

The damper itself it around $95.00 and if you had someone replace it the whole job would probably run around $225.00 with tax and labor. the average service call is from $79.00-$99.00 depending on who you call.

.