Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi! Hope you can help us with our icemaker not rotating to

Hi! Hope you can help us with our icemaker not rotating to dump the ice. Our Samsung Clearview ice maker will reset and dump the ice. However, after it refills and freezes it doesn't empty the new ice unless we reset it again. What can we try to get it to automatically start the process when the iace is ready to dump? Thanks!
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

unfortunately if this only dumps the ice and recycles when you press the reset button the electronics in the ice maker itself are bad. to repair this you would need to replace the ice maker. they have redesigned these ice makers to eliminate that issue. hope this info helps. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Where would be a reputable place to order a new one and how would I know if I am getting the newer model? Is this something we can replace ourselves?

Can you send me the model # XXXXX I can check that for you ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Model # XXXXX

you can order this at the following link. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/DA97-07549B/0046/401?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=DA97-07549B you should be able to replace this yourself. theres a release clip and the ice maker just plug in. thanks Bryan