Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

what does the F21 error code mean on a whirlpool duet steam

Customer Question

what does the F21 error code mean on a whirlpool duet steam washer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F21 means that your washer isn't draining properly. There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error.  To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so.  Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel.  The lower front panel will then pull down and off.  There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor.  This is your drain cap.  Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch.  If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is a dryer on top of the washer so I can not do this myself. I will not know if your answer was correct until I have a repair person come out so I dont know if what you said is correct yet .
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
It's definitely correct, but you don't need to tip the washer backwards if you don't want to. You can just unscrew the 3 screws below the panel and then pull the panel off.

The only reason you're tipping the washer backwards is so that the water doesn't come pouring out the drain catch when you unscrew the catch.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will have someone come to fix it and it that was the problem then I am satisfied.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Alright, good luck to you.