Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi, the metal band with a spring, came off during a washing

Hi, the metal band with a spring, came off during a washing cycle. It seems easy enough to put back on, but I do not know where it goes. The rubber gasket will not stay on the front panel causing it to leak. I found this previous "answer" which is helpful, but I just don't know where the metal band goes.

"This is all done from the front without taking any panels off. If the door gasket is still attached to the front panel remove the band that holds it on. There is a spring on the bottom of the band that will stretch to remove it. Once the front of the gasket is on you can put the gasket back on the tub. There is a big band clamp that holds the gasket on the tub. You can remove the lower front panel by removing the 3 screws in the very bottom of it. Sometimes removing the panel will help.

Read more: Whirlpool duet front load washer major leak from gasket. Metal - JustAnswer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

heres a video on how to replace the boot which covers the spring also. if you get me the model # XXXXX will also supply diagrams.

does this bang around a lot in spin ?