Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Sheets of ice are forming below the ice maker in my side by

Customer Question

Sheets of ice are forming below the ice maker in my side by side Amana refrigerator
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning can you get me the model number ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Good morning
It's an Amana ARS9107A
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
OK great. this ice does the water seem to be comming from the ice maker itself ? is it dripping from the ice maker ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
At first it wasn't clear- last night I turned off the ice maker (I think) and this morning there was more ice AND icicles forming from the ice maker
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

OK, this means the valve is not shutting tight . these are electronic and when they get older they tend to stick open a bit and allow water to get by causing your issue, these are easy to change and its located where the water line from the house connects to the refrigerator. below is a link where you can order this, if the ice is a lot you can shut the water supply off behind the refrigerator until the part comes in.

link for part.... just click on that blue link to order the valve. thanks and s best wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Alright, I've shut off the water, ordered the part- AND I see where it is on the fridge... Thanks!
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Your very welcome, have a great weekend and thanks, Bryan