Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Does a commercial oven for a bakery require special ventilation..i.e.

Does a commercial oven for a bakery require special ventilation..i.e. grease/steam exhaust system?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This all depends on the exact model of commercial oven you're using. Some require a vent above them, some have a vent built into them that needs to exit out the the wall/ceiling. And then there are some ovens that don't require a vent at all. You just need to know what your specific oven requires based on the model of oven you have.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My question asks for a specific grease/steam type hood. I assuming an oven for a bakery would not produce grease/steam and a commercial hood would not be required...am I on the right track

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Again, that depends on the oven. Some commercial ovens even for a bakery will have an exhaust vent that needs to be vented outside. But typically if the oven is just an oven an not a full on range, you do not need a vent that can handle grease/steam, just a vent that vents out the gas fumes from the oven if it's a gas oven.