Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Well I ended up buying a new KitchenAid dish washer, installed

Well I ended up buying a new KitchenAid dish washer, installed it but when we turned it on the door leaked. I pushed on the front top of the door and the leak seem it stop. Is the lack defective or is the rubber door seal bad?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

is this brand new ? is it level front to back ? do you have the model # ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes it is brand new and I have done the best I can with the amountof space available to level the washer. Model # XXXXX 10IXBL4
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay try bring the front feet down so it lifts the front up and see if that stops the leak. its very unlikely the gasket is bad,how bad a leak is it ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I lifted the front legs up to the point the door would not close then backed off of the legs a little. this seemed to stop all but a drip once in awhile

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay so most of it stopped but not all ? how many times have you tried it ? it seems a ;little out of adjustment still. can you see where its dripping ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I put it through just part of one cycle and shut it off after I noticed it was leaking.
Theleak is on the left side at the bottom, it seems to be running down the left side from the top, because when I open the door it is wet all along the top looks like it got pasted the seal
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
you may have a bad seal or the machine itself was twisted in shipping and it out of square which can happen,. i would fool with this to much though its under warranty and I would call for service through warranty at this point. its best to get this fixed under warranty. hope this helps, thanks Bryan