Technician-Josh
Technician-Josh, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Certified appliance repair tech.Factory trained.
65102872

my miele dishwasher comes up with the code f-12 and the intake/drain

Customer Question

my miele dishwasher comes up with the code f-12 and the intake/drain light flashes. I can't seem to restart any cycles. what do I do
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Technician-Josh replied 2 years ago.

Customer:

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today. This fault code is due to no water entering the dishwasher. first thing you should do ia turn the beaker off for about 1 minute and see if the unit resets, if you still get error let me know and we can start trouble shooting.

Customer:

Hi. are you still here?

Customer :

sorry just tying to get it going . it sounds as if it's running for a few seconds and then stops does not seem to have water flowing in . also the red light with a pc beside it is on

Customer:

Sounds like you dont have water going t the machine. try disconnecting the water supply hose to the dishwasher and purging it into a bucket ad see if you have a good flow of water.

Customer :

ok will try that

Customer:

Ok i will be standing by.

Customer:

so you have to pull the latch to start a cycle right?

Customer:

disregard the last question as it was directed to another customer.

Customer :

tried purging the hose , cleaned the filter, and it still doesn't seem to be getting water to the machine. could it possibly be the heater unit not letting water through.

Customer:

Did you check if water is coming out of the hose from the house?

Customer :

yes i have water from the house to the inline heater unit

Customer:

Is the pressure ok or is it slow?

Customer :

it starts to pump out and as soon as it switches to fill the fill/drain light flashes

Customer:

Did you notice any water at the bottom of the unit at all?

Customer:

Bottom as in the motor and wiring area not inside he d/w

Customer :

there is abit of water inthe trap of the machine

Customer:

How about at the bottom babe?

Customer :

no did not notice any

Customer:

base?

Customer:

Ok do you hear any humming before the code comes up?

Customer :

yes i could feel some vibration in the heater unit

Customer:

how long before the code comes up?

Customer :

almost instantly

Customer:

Im going to have to go further into this unit but im having hard time getting into asko diagrams so will opt out and let another expert try to help you resolve this. Sorry but i dont want to guess at this.

Customer :

ok

Technician-Josh, Home Appliance Tech
Experience: Certified appliance repair tech.Factory trained.
I'm sorry i didn't realize you had excepted my answer. Give me a couple minutes to try to track down a different source for diagram. Also do you have an owners manual? if so look for the chapter on cleaning the filter. If you have already cleaned the triple filter then move onto the drain make sure o kinks in the drain hose, then finally remove the drain pump and check for obstructions.
Are you sure you had good pressure coming into the unit? Also did you check the main water line from the house to the box in your sink area? If you checked all that and it checks out good. You will have t order the water intake valve. You will need to call Miele and have them send you a valve, and if i remember correctly they do not sell just a valve it will have to be a complete hose assembly and it is around $120.
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
If you are sure there was good pressure from the house water supply to the dish and the water valve filters were not clogged and you still get the intake/drain light that still comes on and doesn't fill with water you will need to replace the water valve. And it is called the water flow system in your machine.

You can call Miele directly for the parts. Just have your model and serial numbers ready for them. Just tell them you need the water valve or water flow system and they will know what you need and send it to you.

Their number is 1-800-999-1360. You can also go on line and order it at www.miele.usa.com. But it is easier and quicker to call.

I have seen this problems lot with these machines lately. And if the error light comes on when the machine is supposed to be filling with water and doesn't then you need the water flow system. Especially if youhave cleaned the filters in the water valve.

Please email me back here if you need another help or clarification.

Otherwise, please remember to hit the green accept button below.

Thanks