Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my side by side ge profile refrigerator has an odor. I have

my side by side ge profile refrigerator has an odor. I have removed all food items, cleaned with soap and baking soda, checked water filter and still unable to get rid of the odor.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Did something spoil in this to begin with ? can you get us the model # ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, nothing was spoiled. I removed anything that had the potential of spoiling.
model # XXXXX Profile-pfss5njwass
okay, can you tell what kind of odor it seems like ? is it a musty/moldy odor or some kind of gas odor?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is a musty/moldy odor as if food has spoiled.
okay , unfortunately the odor is in the insulation and the evaporator coils and various other places. such as the damper assemblies and air returns. if its real bad you may not be able to clear this completely.however, there are some things you can do. most of the moldy and musty smell will be on the evaporator coils in the freezer section behind your food. you would need to remove all the food and the shelves and then the panel inside the freezer to access the coils. the only way to get these clean would be a steam cleaner and clean the coils and the whole area. also as another of our techs has mentioned you can put coffee grounds in the freezer and refrigerator sections to absorb the odor. this actually works very well. other than those two things theres no simple way to get rid of it. hope these work for you, thanks Bryan