Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service

My 2 year old grandson visited and must have hit multiple buttons

My 2 year old grandson visited and must have hit multiple buttons on our GU2500XTP dishwasher. Now both the "soak & scour" and the "normal wash" buttons are flashing. I cannot "cancel" nor "start". I disconnected the electricity then reconnected, at which only the "soak & scour" button continuously flashed. However, when I touched any other button at all both of the above buttons resumed their continuous flashing. What else can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.

Tim Alan :

Hi my name isXXXXX will try and help you.

Tim Alan :

Not sure how long you had the power disconnected but disconnect the power for at least 5 minutes to try and clear that.

Customer:

Thank you

Tim Alan :

If the buttons are continually flashing that indicates a stuck key and it may not be able to be reset and the control panel would have to be replaced.

Customer:

I did that. It was disconnected for 10 hours overnight.

Tim Alan :

The other thing you can do when you have the power disconnected is to open up the control panel and disconnect the ribbon from the control panel to the mother board and clean it but if it happened after the buttons were pushed it's prabably a stuck key.

Customer:

One additional factor is that after about 15 minutes the "normal wash" button quits flashing and only the "soak & Scour" button continues to flash.

Customer:

So I have no other option than to call a repair service?

Tim Alan :

Can you open up the control panel on your own?

Customer:

I have never attempted it, but I am pretty handy with such things.

Tim Alan :

It would take a number 15 or a number 20 torx bit and a 1/4 inch nut driver

Customer:

I have those.

Tim Alan :

Not hard to do just disconnect the power first and remove all the screws that hold the control panel on and in some cases the other screws that hold the front cover/panel in place

Tim Alan :

The screws are on the inside prtion of the door open it up and the screws go from the inside out

Tim Alan :

What is the complete model number of the unit? There are letters and numbers after the xtp

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX try what you suggested. It will take me a couple hours as I have an appointment from 10 to 11 AM.

Customer:

The Model # XXXXX XXXXX serial #FT0302421

Tim Alan :

That is ok, if you need further assistance just let me know, disconnect the ribbon at the control and clean it, if that does not work then there is a stuck key and the control would have to be replaced to solve the issue

Tim Alan :

could that be a T7?

Tim Alan :

Or a T1 instead of a 17?

Customer:

Do I need some way of resuming with you, or is this my completed transaction?

Customer:

The 17 or I7 or what ever is the color designation so should not affect the model at all.

Tim Alan :

You can pick up were we left off at any time, just remember your log in information or copy this link and save it

Customer:

Thank you!

Tim Alan :

Your welcome, let me know if you need any further assistance and please remmber to press the accept button and leave a comment when you are finnished, thank you and have a great day.

Tim Alan :

There isn't a 17

Tim Alan :

and it's a series number and the color designation makes a difference if you need the control panel

Tim Alan :

Model GU2500XTPT7 (185 parts)Whirlpool Dishwasher

DISHWASHER

Shop parts
Model GU2500XTPT1 (181 parts)Whirlpool Dishwasher

UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER

Shop parts
Model GU2500XTPS1 (181 parts)Whirlpool Dishwasher

UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER

Shop parts
Model GU2500XTPQ0 (181 parts)Whirlpool Dishwasher

UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER

Shop parts
Model GU2500XTPB7 (185 parts)Whirlpool Dishwasher

DISHWASHER

Shop parts
Model GU2500XTPT6 (181 parts)Whirlpool Dishwasher

DISHWASHER

Shop parts
Model GU2500XTPQ3 (180 parts)Whirlpool Dishwasher

UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER

Shop parts
Model GU2500XTPS6 (181 parts)Whirlpool Dishwasher

DISHWASHER

Shop parts
Model GU2500XTPT0 (181 parts)Whirlpool Dishwasher

UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER

Shop parts
Model GU2500XTPT3 (180 parts)Whirlpool Dishwasher

UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER

Shop parts
Model GU2500XTPQ6 (181 parts)Whirlpool Dishwasher

DISHWASHER

Shop parts
Model GU2500XTPQ1 (181 parts)Whirlpool Dishwasher

UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER

Shop parts
Model GU2500XTPS7 (185 parts)Whirlpool Dishwasher

DISHWASHER

Shop parts
Model GU2500XTPB6 (181 parts)Whirlpool Dishwasher

DISHWASHER

Shop parts
Model GU2500XTPB0 (181 parts)Whirlpool Dishwasher

UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER

Shop parts
Model GU2500XTPQ7 (185 parts)Whirlpool Dishwasher

DISHWASHER

Shop parts
Model GU2500XTPB1 (181 parts)Whirlpool Dishwasher

UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER

Shop parts
Model GU2500XTPS0 (181 parts)Whirlpool Dishwasher

UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER

Shop parts
Model GU2500XTPB3 (180 parts)Whirlpool Dishwasher

UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER

Shop parts

Check your product for its u

Tim Alan :

There are 20 models and those last 2 digits are very important

Customer:

You are right, with the magnifying glass I can barely make out the the last two digits are T7

Tim Alan :

ok that is what I thought yes they are very hard to read

Customer:

Thank you

Tim Alan :

on diagram

Control panel

PART NUMBER:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Substitution:(NNN) NNN-NNNNLearn why

$129.07

In stock

Full Size Image

Qty:

Add to cart

1A
on diagram

Control panel

PART NUMBER:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Substitution:(NNN) NNN-NNNNLearn why

$113.17

In stock

Full Size Image

Qty:

Add to cart

1B
on diagram

Control panel

PART NUMBER:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Substitution:(NNN) NNN-NNNNLearn why

$109.02

Customer:

Should I "save and exit" or "Accept"?

Tim Alan :

Your welcome depending on the color and if needed would be one of these control panels

Tim Alan :

Either one will save this to your question list, the difference is I get paid after you press the accept button

Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service