Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

our boscah sh5317 dishwasher is stuck in the drain cycle. when

Customer Question

Our Bosch SH5317 dishwasher is stuck in the drain cycle. when you put it in any wash mode it starts to drain as always but never completes and doesn't start the fill cycle.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

this is stuck in flood mode. there is water in the base pan that isn't being drained. try this first, pour about a gallon of water in the machine and start it .let it run and see if the machine resets. let me know thanks ,Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did that and it drains the water and the pump continues to run and will do so till you power it off. It does not start the fll cycle.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay the fun begins then.theres only two ways to get the water out of the catch pan below so the float resets, 1 remove the dish washer from under the cabinet and tip it over on its side to get the water out. once the waters out the float will reset and the machine will run correctly. or 2 remove the front access panel under the door and place a hair dryer where its blowing hot air under the machine to dry out the water, this however can take a while to dry out. you can also remove the machine from under the cabinet and remove the left side panel, theres a very small opening to get a small towel in and soak up the water, this has to be completely dry though . thats all you can do. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So is the float bad and need to be replaced?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
no the floats not bad its just stuck up because theres water in the base pan. this happens sometimes, I had the same machine and it happened to me several times over the years but its not a usual occurrence. once you get all the water out of the base pan the float will reset and the machine will run normally.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, our site has been having problems with the accept button, I noticed this question is still open, are you having trouble accepting or do you need more assistance ? I would be happy to continue helping if your problem is not solved. If you have tried to accept the answer and have been unable to please let us know so we can notify the main office of the issue, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I pulled it and don't have the time to pull the side and do all the otheer stuff, the DW is 11 years old about and has been good till now so we'll just replace it with the equivalant Bosch model. I don't feel like limping it along as it''s old enough to replace and we've gotten our money out of it I feel Thanks for the help
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
your welcome, thanks and best wishes , Bryan