Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

I have a Kenmore Elite Oasis 110.77087600 gas dryer and it

I have a Kenmore Elite Oasis 110.77087600 gas dryer and it has stopped heating. I have checked the duct and cleaned it out. When I ran the dryer with no close I felt heat once I put clothes in it there is no heat.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

On the lower part of the front panel on the right you will see a small plastic tab about a inch square, Pop this out with a screw driver then set the machine on 30 minute timed dry, As the machine starts to run look through this hole for a minute, Need to know which of the following conditions you see.

Igniter glows, Flame starts then stops quickly

Igniter glows, No flame

Igniter does not glow, No flame.

Let me know :)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The plastic tab is on lower left. When I start the dryer about 5 seconds later you can see a glow from the heater for about 3-5 seconds then it goes off.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok in this case if you have cleaned the venting really good and you have a good airflow from the venting then your problem is going to be the valve coils have failed. This is a very common problem, The coils are mounted on top of the valve parts 13 and 14.

graphic

These will need to be replaced. Click on the link I have provided below to order the replacements. :)

Click here to order the replacement parts

Please remember after you can come back at any time for additional assistance if needed :)

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I responded that actually the igniter glows but no flame occurs. Would your answer above still apply?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok I apologize I thought by heater you meant the flames ignite.

Yes it still could be the coils. First you will want to check the flame sensor mounted to the side of the burn tube, pull the wires off, check this with a ohm meter, You should read continuity, If the sensor reads open then it is bad and will need to be replaced.

If the flame sensor is good then look at the igniter when it glow's through the hole, If the igniter is glowing yellow/orange then it is not drawing the correct amps in order to open the valve, a good igniter will glow bright yellow to the point where you cant look at it. In this case the igniter will need to be replaced.

If the igniter is good and is glowing bright yellow then the coils are bad and would need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To access the flame sensor do I remove the back panel? The igniter is not burning that bright as I watched it glow an orange color that I watched the entire time it was glowing.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
No you will need to take the front off the machine in this case. grab a putty knife and slide it between the gap between the front and top panel at each end. Push the clips holding the top on then lift the top up, Pull the front panel out then disconnect the door switch, Lift the front panel out, this will give you access to the burner components.

graphic
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Please feel free to come back to the question at any time for further assistance if needed :)

Thanks!