Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Fridgeidaire Freezer Model FFU1152DW2 is leaking small amounts

Fridgeidaire Freezer Model FFU1152DW2 is leaking small amounts of water constantly but I can't see where it is coming from. Can't see a drain pan from the opening in the back & don't see a way to take off the bottom, front cover (which is "inside" when the door is closed) to check for an obstructed drain. Its a small, inexpensive freezer but works well; had it for about 4 or 5 years. No freezing problem; no build up of ice anywhere. I'm educated, middle-class, male and pretty handy 'round the house, but this one has me stumped. Can you help me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

is there ice on the bottom of the freezer under the bottom basket inside ? on the freezer floor.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no, no ice build up anywhere.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay nothing inside on the floor of the freezer ? the drain is behind the back panel inside the freezer, there is a tube that drain the defrost water in that pan you are talking about behind the freezer in the back. what you need to do is take everything out of the freezer and remove the shelves, then there is a back panel inside that you remove. once thats removed you will see the coils. in the middle under the coils theres a drain hole. take boiling water and pour it over the drain hole until the water drains freely to the pan below. heres a diagram on the drain. the drain is connected to the tube # XXXXX in the diagram. once the tube is clear you will be all set. hope this helps. its a common problem on these freezers. thanks Bryan