Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Have 5 year old front load duet whirlpool front load washer.

Have 5 year old front load duet whirlpool front load washer. Getting an F 11 code. Please advise how to reset. Garry
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

an F11 error on this machine means there a

Serial Communication Error

Communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the Motor Control Unit (MCU)

Check Wire Harness connectors to the MCU, the motor, and Central Control Unit (CCU)

the CCU is located under the top of the machine. remove the 3 screws along the back and slide the top back and off, check the plugs on the CCU. do you have the full model # ? I will get you some diagrams.thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Brian ... have top panel off. Checked all electrical connections and all are sold. Wife is going to try machine again. Machine has tried to respond but kicks back to same responsse at F11 . Trying it again now. System refused. says 11 f and beeps. Small amount of water came in,. Water definitely on full. Getting model for you now. Will be a few seconds.....cannot find number. Where do we look
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Brian where do we locate model number. Is it on back, on top?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
open the door and there should be a model number tag right there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We had found it while waiting for your response. It is GHW9150PW2
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

okay great, I'm sending you two diagrams this one is the motor control location. its # XXXXX on this diagram. the second one shows you what you need to remove to get to it. you need to remove panel # XXXXX just under the door to gain access to the motor control. one thing I would like you to do as soon as you remove the panel is to check the pump trap # XXXXX on the top diagram. unscrew it counter clockwise slow and get some towels ready there will be some water. unplug the machine and remove the trap and clean it good, put it back in and try the machine again. sometimes the water level control will reset the control when you do this, cross your fingers ! LOL if that doesn't work and all the plugs on the motor control are tight then the CCU is bad and needs to be replaced.hope for the best.you can order this @ this link if needed.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/8182695/0026/110?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=8182695 thanks and best wishes, Bryan

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, our site has been having problems with the accept button, I noticed this question is still open, are you having trouble accepting or do you need more assistance ? I would be happy to continue helping if your problem is not solved. If you have tried to accept the answer and have been unable to please let us know so we can notify the main office of the issue, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.