Tech Michael
Tech Michael, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years exp. repairing all types of home appliances, Computer repair
11519491

my admiral dryer is running but not heating, I cleaned the

Customer Question

my admiral dryer is running but not heating, I cleaned the vents
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tech Michael replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thank you for choosing Just Answer!
Please provide us with the make, full model #, also how old the unit is, and any additional information about your problem so that we may be able to provide you with the best most accurate and up to date information. That will help us with our diagnosis.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and sometimes require a bit of time to sort through.
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Admiral model # XXXXX not sure how old but more than 5 yrs

Thanks for the info.
The trouble is either a bad thermal fuse, or the element has gone bad.
The thermal element is very inexpensive and will be located on the aluminum heating element housing, you can remove the two outer wires and connect them together (temporarily) making sure they do not touch any metal. Then run the dryer , if it heats you can simply order that part. If it doesnt heat still then the heationg element would be the culpret and needs replacement. Also not too expensive.
You could , if you have a multi meter, test the element and the thermal fuse sith the meter set on continuity that would also give you the info you need to determine which is at fault.
Another option, if you are going to make this repair, you could change both the element and the thermal in this way you would be sure not to have trouble with the dryers heating for a long time to come.
If you press the accept button, this question will not time out and I can continue with you until the job is completeSmile
You can obtain the part(s) from Cashwell Appliance(NNN) NNN-NNNN They are relaibel and will ship the part(s) to you the same day you call. All you will need is the model # XXXXX tell them that you want the parts listed above, depending on what you find or if you are just going to replacde both parts.
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, I will replace both parts. Can you advise me on how to do it. How difficult is it to do? Do I need any special tools? Where exactly is each part located. Do I need a manuel.
Hi the only tools you will need is a small screwdriver a pair of pliers and a small socket and ratchet set to do this.
I was saying if you accept the answer, the question wont time out and I will be here for you when you have the parts and I will assist you until its working like a champ againSmile
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will go ahead and order the parts, How do I get in touch with you once I have the parts

Hi, Like I was saying, if you do press the accept button, this thread will not close and you can refer to me anytime until we finish this repair

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Thank you
Tech Michael