Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirlpool side by side refrigerator/freezer. The

I have a Whirlpool side by side refrigerator/freezer. The freezer door has been rusting on the outside for the past 6 months or so, and I'm wondering about the cause. The model # XXXXX XXXXX the serial # XXXXX XXXXX and the mfg date is 09/97. If I need to have a technician take a look, please send me a local telephone number for the Wilmette, IL 60091 area. Thanks. XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Where exactly are you seeing the rust? Are there small spots all over the face? Is the bottom of the door rusting? Just under the dispenser? ect..

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

this is caused when they paint the appliance door they didn't clean the surface sufficiently which allowed the paint to lift and separate from the metal , thus allowing moisture to rust the surface, the only way to repair this would be replace the door. heres a number of an appliance repair company that covers your area.(NNN) NNN-NNNN Northshore Appliance Repair. they cove Whirlpool Appliances, thanks , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.