Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

GE MICROWAVE, OVER STOVE MODEL. MY MICROWAVE HAS STOPPED WORKING.

GE MICROWAVE, OVER STOVE MODEL. MY MICROWAVE HAS STOPPED WORKING. WHEN I TURN IT ON IT RUNS FOR A FEW SECONDS THEN QUITS AND SAYS PRESS CLOCK. I DO THIS AND IT SOMETIMES WORKS FOR A WHILE AND SOMETIMES DOES NOT. DO I NEEDE TO BUY A NEW UNIT OR CAN THIS ONE BE REPAIRED?
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Good morning. can you open the door and check on the side wall for a model number tag? In order to see what the issue could be I would need the model number. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

JVM1650CH03

Okay great . your main power board is faulty. its common on these. the problem is this board is almost as much as a new microwave. ($183.00) and if you have had this microwave for 5 years or longer its best to replace the microwave instead of repairing this on. microwaves only last 5-7 years at best. you will have other issues with this such as the magnetron failure. this is also common . at this point I recommend replacing it but if you wish to repair it there is a link below to order the board.

board

I hope this helps . thanks and best wishes, Bryan