Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have the LG Tromm wm2277hs. The pump got really clogged so

I have the LG Tromm wm2277hs. The pump got really clogged so I took it apart and cleaned it. Now when I try to start it I'm getting a clicking sound that seems to be coming from the back top of the machine and a DE error. Do you have any ideas? And help would be completely amazing. Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

DE error means the machine didn't fully drain within 10 minutes.

• Not fully drained within 10 minutes.

this is either clogged somewhere else in the drain system or the pump is weak and not draining fast enough in the allotted time, check the drain hoses and system further, if you find no restriction any where eles then you will need to order and replace the drain pump.

thanks and best wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bryan,
I have the owners manual and it lists the dE code as *door open or not completely closed. The machine is completely empty. I have been trying to run an empty load to clean it. Every time I start it I hear a single tick, then a few second later another tick, and then I get the error code.

Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

okay, sorry I looked at the wrong error code, your correct.

• Door not all the way closed.
  • Loose electrical connections at Door switch and

PWB Assembly.

• The DOOR SWITCH ASSEMBLY is out of order.

the main control is not reading the door shut. thats why you hear the click. its trying to lock the door , even if the door is locked its not reading its locked.

the door latch needs to be ordered and replaced. this had contacts inside that send a signal to the control that the door is locked. these contacts fail. below is a link to the part and a video on how to replace it.

door lock assembly sorry for the confusion, my fault. have a great day,thanks. Bryan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry to be such a pain. The sound it's making sounds more like the loose electrical connections at the door switch and PWB assembly that you mentioned. It's coming from what I'm assuming is a white fuse box in the back upper left corner of the machine. Do you by any chance have a link to a video that would show me how to check those?
I'm a recently divorced clueless mom thats kinda handy if things are shown to me,lol.

Thank you so much for all your help. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
are you talking about the noise filter ? this is in the back top left corner of the machine is that it ?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
the reason that is clicking is because of the door lock not being detected as lock so the relay on the main control attempts to lock it even though it may be already locked, you just need to replace the lock assembly I showed you above and this will take care of both clicks. once the board detects its locked the machine will run again correctly. the noise filter just has power comming in and going out, if you have power at the control the noise filter is fine.that is made to cut the frequency so it doesn't effect the electronics in the machine and the surrounding machines in the house.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, thank you so much. I will try that.

Have a great day!
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
No problem thanks and you have 30 days after you accept to come back if you need more help at no additional charge. please leave feedback if possible after you accept. have a great day, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.