Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

There is a lot heat generating when I open the oven door and

There is a lot heat generating when I open the oven door and the grates are warmer than I may feel comfortable with in my new hotpoint standard gas range model #RGB508PPTWH. Also, when I opened the broiler I saw a flame that seemed very high that is the culprit. I mentioned to my rental management office but it still has not been resolved to my satisfaction. The question: Can it be adjusted to be lower and if so does a qualified installer or repairman have to do it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

This does require an technician. do not attempt to adjust this yourself.
yes this means the pilot is to high and needs to be adjusted. you must call and get warranty service on this. if you attempt to adjust this yourself they may void the warranty and its also a safety hazard if not done correctly. please call for warranty service since this is a new unit. thanks , Bryan

P.S. at this point a high flame is not a safety hazard unless its extremely high.