Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

Maytag 2000 series washer. Door locked and was unable to open

Maytag 2000 series washer. Door locked and was unable to open it, I took the top off and pulled the three wire harnesses closest to me, and plugged them back in. I unplugged the wire harness for the front mount controls, plugged it back in and the cycle ended, unlocking the door. I put the top back on, and now it does not turn on. I currently have the top off and have no idea how to fix the problem. Any help?

Appliance Tech Larry :

Hello I'm Larry and I will use all my training and knowledge of 40 years to help you with your Problem today ,, thanks

Appliance Tech Larry :

may i have the model number please

Appliance Tech Larry :

you still with me?

the chat is acting up ,, may i have the model number please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where can I find the model number?
should be on a sticker inside the door
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How about MHWE200XW00
thank you ,, does the door lock when you press the start
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Washer won't even turn on I reset the circuit breaker multiple times and have it torn apart right now
the door lock will have to be replaced and it bad which is why it would not unlock , the part number is W10253483 which cost about $36 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you, watch this video and it will show how to replace it ,, Glad i could help you with your problem so please press the big smiley face for me before you leave for my time and knowledge ,, thanks

click here for the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2cFmKJZY0M
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The door unlocked though? Is the door switch what I need for my washer to turn on?
yes ,, the washer will not fill, wash or spin if the switch is bad so you will have to replace it to get the washer to work again ,, thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok but that doesn't answer my question 100% you said it will not fill wash or spin. Will it turn on when the power button is pushed if the switch is bad?
yes it will turn on but it will not work if the switch can not lock the door so it will run
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, so my washer won't even turn on. Is it still the door switch that needs to be replaced
the control panel will light up but thats all unless the switch is ok and yours isn't so thats why it will not run
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The control panel does not light up
hook a extension cord to the washer and plug into another outlet and tell me what happens
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, but I already plugged a lamp into the outlet and it worked
ok then go ahead and replace the switch, the control is wired though the switch
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok. Thank you Larry
Glad i could help you with your problem so please press the big smiley face for me before you leave for my time and knowledge ,, thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I paid $45 for your time and knowledge. Which "face" depends on how happy I am with your service
the one with the big smile