Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

I have a whirlpool dishwasher. The clean light is flashing,

I have a whirlpool dishwasher. The clean light is flashing, I cannot get it to stop by using the clear button. I think there is a reset button on the front of the machine but I don't know where it might be or how to use it. Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay, do you happen to have the model number of the unit? It will be located on a label on the rim where to door closes.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
DU1055xtpt3 is the number.
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
Okay, on your control panel you have 2 buttons, Hi Temp Wash and Heated Dry. What you need to do is to alternate pressing those 2 buttons until all the lights light up and then stop. Let it run through its routine, usually about 30 seconds, then all the light will go out. This is the control board reset and if this doesn't work you will need to replace the control board. If this works and goes back to clean flashing in a week or so you will need to replace the control board. Let me know how it goes and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am very satisfied--I wish I had more money because you literally saved me a LOT.. Being a senior is hard at times. Thank you
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
You are so welcome and you did a great job, I thank you.