Peter
Peter, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years in the home appliance service and parts industry.
27890704

I have a whirlpool clothes washer & it will not drain all the

I have a whirlpool clothes washer & it will not drain all the way? It seems like it is also not going through the spin cycle also?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Peter replied 2 years ago.

Peter :

Hi, my name isXXXXX am eager to help you solve your appliance problems. Is this a front load or top load and do you have the model #? Did you notice the water after you had removed the clothes? Thank you for the additional information.

Customer:

It is a top loader Kitchen-aid, "not Whirlpool", sorry bout that, rather old, After it stops, there is still water in there yes. Model kawe660wwhe serial cb390330 Stock aw6bw

Peter :

If you lift the lid on the top of the washer, right side the lid has a pin that pushes through a hole in the top and pushes down on a safety switch so that the tub will not spin with the door closed. you can turn the washer onto spin and push on that switch to see if the tub will spin.

Customer:

You believe this is not pushed in all the way?

Peter :

The most common problem is the tabs where the screws mount the switch crack and the switch is not secure.

Peter :

turn the washer off and reach under the top and feel the switch, if you can move the switch then it is broken. If it is tight and you can push it down by hand and make it spin but the lid will not push it far enough then the switch is worn out.

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX try that! I got mice in my walls, do you know the most effective thing to get rid of the varmints? lol

Peter :

Either put traps in the path that they run or you can use D-Con, just be sure and put a pan of water behind the washer or they tend to eat the hoses to get to the water. You may send additional questions directly to me.

If I have answered your question satisfactorily - please press the "ACCEPT" button, as this is the only way I receive pay for my knowledge and time.
Bonuses are GREATLY appreciated as well as feedback.

Thank you,

Peter

Peter, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Over 25 years in the home appliance service and parts industry.