Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

how to replace light bulb in Panasonic microwave Model NN-L7388A.

how to replace light bulb in Panasonic microwave Model NN-L7388A. Where is the access panel? Would I have to remove the entire cover of the microwave? There is what would appear to be an access panel on the inside of the oven, however it appears to be a snap in part and I do not want to break the snaps in removing it.

Lastly, I don't mind paying for advice but what if your advice is not the answer to my problem? Do I get a refund?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So Panasonic makes you take the microwave apart which forces you to unplug the microwave to even replace the light bulb. They do this because too many people never unplugged the microwave when replacing the light bulb and it would short out the display control board. So that being said, you will need to unplug the microwave and remove it if it's installed in a cabinet. Remove the screws around the border on the back of the microwave as well as the 2 screws coming in from the right side panel and any screws coming in from the left side. The outer panel will then pull straight back and up and you can see inside the microwave. Now you can replace the light bulb behind the control panel area.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There appears to be rivets instead of screws at the bottom of the microwave cover. It does not appear that I will be able to remove the cover to slide it back.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
The outer cover always pulls off. Just remove the screws coming in from the back and any ones you see coming in from the side or top. Then the outer shell pulls back, up, and off.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The two top screws on the cover were phillips head, no problem. The bottom two appear to be riveted. I cannot figure how to remove them. I can see that if these were removed I probavly could slide the cover back, but it does not look like these can be removed. I tried a star screw driver but there is a bulge in the middle of the screw head that prevents the screw driver from entering the screw head.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
The bottom screws are called "safety torx bit screws". You need to go to a hardware store to get a size T-20 safety torx bit to remove these screws.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm not sure I will be able to find what you have described. Basically we have only Lowes and Home Depot at which to shop. I appreciate your efforts. Thank you.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Lowes and Home Depot both carry these in stock.