SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman

I have ge profile dishwasher pdw8280j01sss about 8 years old.

I have ge profile dishwasher pdw8280j01sss about 8 years old. Not working. No lights in the front panel. It was beeping once every 15 seconds before for about 12 hours or so and then stopped working completely. Now no noise at all and no lights at all on the front panel.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I can help you with this. Testing will require basic tools/skills to dissemble and test. The first thing to check is verify that you have the correct voltage at the junction box of the dishwasher. Behind the kickplate is a metal box with the power wires. Verify that they are hooked up correct and live. If there is power there then we would need to check for power at the controls in the door. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I know there is a power to the machine. When I unplug and plug it back in I can hear the beep sound.
If I was in the house I would remove the front panel and verify that I have 120v to the control. a loose connection at the terminal box underneath could cause this condition. the only other this that would cause this fault would be a failed control. The part number for that is WD21X10215