SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman

I have a subzero 680 and the water dispenser is spewing water

I have a subzero 680 and the water dispenser is spewing water everywhere when I press the water button. I noticed that when I push the ice button and try pushing the water button I get a better stream of water. Does the tumbler in the door need to be replaced?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 2 years ago.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. The problem is the rotating dispenser chute (tumbler). The chute is not being activated by the water. The dispensers only come as an assembly. What model number is XXXXX unit?

Customer:

680

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX up the part number.

Customer:

thx

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

there is a serial break. Is serial number before 181xxxx?

Customer:

u want me to look it up

Customer:

give me a second

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

If you are near the machine. thanks

Customer:

p2403913

Customer:

the model number is685/s2

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

The part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Does the dispenser look like this

Customer:

no, its got a ice, light, water on the panel

Customer:

the model number is XXXXX / s2

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

i'm going to look at the other side of the serial break

Customer:

k

SubZero_Wolf Expert : (NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>
Customer:

is that the part number

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

sorry, yes that's the part number. I wrote it down and trying to find the right link to buy it.

Customer:

k

Customer:

i had another question about this unit can you answer it?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

HERE is a reputable dealer. The display/buttons come separate but I'm sure that they are fine as the unit respond to touch just doesn't do the right thing. instructions are included in the factory box so they should be included with this. Do you have wood panels?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

sure

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

How else can I help you?

Customer:

my refrigerator sits in a cabinet and my son pushed it further into the opening that it is in, what is the proper way of pulling the refrigerator off the wall

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I would remove the toe kick plate and open the doors. Have two people one in front of each door and life up and pull with your hands where the kick plate was

Customer:

does the kickplate have screws

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

two, one on each end

Customer:

i know that it has rollers, if i do it slowly would that eliminate the need for 2 people

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

you may be able to do it alone.

Customer:

last question can I have the part number to replace the front water dispenser assembly, its getting a little worn in areas

Customer:

i am speaking of the cosmetic plastic on the front door

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

the outer trim?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

what color is it?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

silver?

Customer:

yes

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

looking it up right now.

Customer:

and the water tray inside it, the sticker is in bad shape

SubZero_Wolf Expert : (NNN) NNN-NNNNfor the outer

Customer:

The part number(NNN) NNN-NNNNis discontinued

SubZero_Wolf Expert : (NNN) NNN-NNNNfor the inner.
SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Sub zero has that part as good for the dispenser,

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Some parts are only sold by subz direct.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

You can find a local auth sub-z company in your zip and purchase the part from them

Customer:

okay

Customer:

if they sell it to me, normally they want to do the install also

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

You can do that i'm sure.

Customer:

thank you for your time

Customer:

is there anything else i need to do

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

no thanks.

Experience: Licensed Appliance Journeyman
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.