Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Bosch Dishwasher Runs A Cycle Of Three Hours.

Bosch dishwasher runs a very... Show More

Bosch dishwasher runs a very long cycle of about three hours.

How do I get it to run a normal cycle?

Category: Appliance
replied 4 years ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Three hours isn't "extremely" long. If you run a normal cycle, it should run about 2-2:30 hours normally with the drying cycle. Now if it's over 3 hours, that would be a problem. Make sure that when you open the door that there is a lot of steam coming out because that is the only thing that can extend the cycle is if the dishwasher isn't heating the water. Unfortunately this is a very common issue and it means that your control board inside the door has failed. There is a relay on the board that shorts out. This relay sends power to the heater, so when it fails the dishwasher doesn't wash well and it will run forever trying to heat the water which will never happen. The part costs about $150 + shipping.

To access the control board, just open the door and remove all the screws around the border of the door except the two down by the bottom of the door hinge, just loosen those two. Once you have those out, remove the two coming in from the sides of the control panel (left and right). The control panel will then pull off and you can access the control board inside. Remove the control panel and there are three tabs on the bottom of the control board you need to depress. Push on the tabs and remove the control board, then switch over connections one at a time and you should be good to go again.

Customer reply replied 4 years ago.
I don't have my manual and I want to set the cycle on quick wash and I am getting lots of steam so I am not sure if it is the control panel....can you tell me what buttons on the door should be lit to run a short cycle so I can try to run the dishwasher again to make sure it isn't the control panel before I buy one....thanks
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 years ago.
That depends on the model number of your dishwasher as to what buttons you have, but usually the 2nd from the right is a quick wash. Even a quick wash is almost 2 hours long just FYI.