Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirlpool WED5500SQ dryer. The dryer runs fine but

I have a Whirlpool WED5500SQ dryer. The dryer runs fine but when it stops and you go to take the clothes out they are VERY hot!!!! What would cause this????
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

most likely if your vent is clean and the air is blowing outside strong you have a thermostat problem. let me pull up you model and I'll be back shortly. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay does this happen in both automatic and timed dry cycles ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
All I have tried is the timed dry cycles. I should mention that I just replaced the plug because it was burnt as well as the wall socket. They appear to be fine now.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay that indicates the heater is running constantly which is why its overheating . I would replace the cycling thermostat. this controls the heater, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Cycling-Thermostat/3387134/2893?modelNumber=WED5500SQ0 its located on the blower assembly. this turns the heater on and off. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you sir. I did look at the heating element and one of the ceramic clips on the element is broken. should i replace this as well?

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
is it shorted? do you mean the clips the wires connect to ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes it the clips the wire is connected to but not sure if it is shorted
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
well In the long run your probably better off replacing it, it could short out and cause more damage. heres a link to the heater. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Heating-Element-Assembly/279838/2438?modelNumber=WED5500SQ0 thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks for your help sir
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
your very welcome, please leave feedback on your experience, this is how we are rated, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
I there more information you need? I see the question is still open and was wondering if you needed more help. let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no sir. I have been trying to leave feedback but the site is acting up. Dryer is FIXED!!! Thank you very much!!!
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay great ! you cant press the green accept button ? if not I will tell the main office. let me know, thanks Bryan