Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

washer lights are on but machine will not come on.no water

Customer Question

washer lights are on but machine will not come on.no water or action.i used washer that morning it worked fine.but that evening it will not come on.no water no moter noise
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you get us the full model # ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry i do not know model its about 10 years old.a gift from my daughter.its a top loader and heavy duty never had any trouble with it .till now.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
if you open the lid there may be a model # XXXXX also look along the top of the control panel some machines have the model # XXXXX In order to look up the parts I will need to model #. take your time I'll be here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
bryan i cant find any number but it has a matching dryer.it has a number if that will help. i cant pull it out from the wall cause i am 71 year old and its to hard for me.here is the dryer number lde8904ace let me know if that helps thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay I understand, the issue is most likely the lid switch , the problem is there are lots of different switches in these machine (they have changed them over the years) will you have someone there later or tonight that can open the control panel up and check that ? Its difficult for me to guess which switch is in yours. let me know if you can.thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes someone will be here later but how will iget you back?also where is the control panel? do i need to call in a repair man?i hope not we really cant afford one right now. but i must have my washer working.also when do i pay you? thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay to get back to me just sign back in and reply, all reply's are sent directly to me. you do not need a service call to repair this, i can walk them through diagnostic checks and repair procedures. just come back when you have some help. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes someone will be here later but how will iget you back?also where is the control panel? do i need to call in a repair man?i hope not we really cant afford one right now. but i must have my washer working.also when do i pay you? thanks bryan here is the model number lat8826aae my son got it for me. can we buy a part and fix it ourselves hope so thanks again please respond soonbryan i just got your message back my son in law thinks he can do it with your help but is that time okay hes working till about 7 oclock tonight is that time okay with you?thanks this will be great if i can get things fixed with your help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay great you found the model # XXXXX on these machines they changed the lid switches a lot, you need to open the control panel ( the part where the timer is ) and see which lid switch is in yours. I will give you a choice of three different ones, it could be any of them you need to look at yours and see. choice # XXXXX is this one. # XXXXX is this one. and # XXXXX this one. they used different ones in the same machine. look and see which one you have. its up in the control panel area . let me know. there should be screws along the top of the control you remove or along the back of it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

This is her son. The switch is the second one, and from pulling the fuse out and looking at it, it appears to have a blown fuse. We have to wait for a couple of hours before my Father is home to have transportation to go and get a new one.

Do you think that is the problem? Please advise

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay,in most cases when the fuse blows the switch has failed and needs to be replaced, you can however try replacing the fuse but if it blows again you will need to order and replace the switch assembly. heres a link to order it if needed. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Lid-Switch-Assembly/22001682/1468?modelNumber=LAT8826AAE just click the blue link. good job! thanks and best wishes, If you could please leave positive feedback when you accept. have a great weekend, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Bryan!

When I get the new fuse installed I will see what happens. If it blows again, we will order the part. We will hit accept as soona s I see the result of a new fuse. I would like to get back to you then, in case that doesn't work.

I will advise as soon as I have a new one installed. Probablly 2 hours max.

With Warmest Regards,

Nathan...

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
sure no problem. talk then, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
byran thanks washing machine working new fuse installed
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay thats great ! please leave positive feedback after you accept its how we are rated, thanks and have a great weekend. Bryan