Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Re: Front loading Whirlpool washing machine, model GHW9400PW1,

Customer Question

Re: Front loading Whirlpool washing machine, model GHW9400PW1, year 2006.
It started flashing the F11 code, but would start or continue normally by pressing cancel. That happened about a dozen times over the last few months and no longer get that code. Over the last month I have been getting the Fdl code. It would start or continue normally after pressing cancel and restarting the cycle (sometimes I'd have to to that several times). Now it won't go past the Fdl code. I can't get it to start. Tried unplugging it. What should I do to try and fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 2 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and will use all my training and knowledge to help you so please stay on line with me until we finish ,, thanks

does the door lock shut when you press start?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hang on, I'll check. just realized my husband left it unplugged last night, so I need to get behind it and plug it in and check
take your time
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes it locked . . . . and started the cycle . . . ?
The F11 error code you received is a serial communication error there is 2 ways this can happen, one is a bad connection on the control unit where all the wires go into the computer has a loose connection, if this does not repair the error from coming up then the main computer broad will need to be replaced on the unit as it has failed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, we pulled the top off last night and wiggled all the wires going into the unit in the top/back of the machine and everything seemed quite secure and not loose. Is that the piece that needs to be replaced? Before coming to this sight, I read online that there is a MCU and a CCU. Where are each of those and which do you suggest I replace? Thanks.
yes that is the part and its send the fault fdl as door lock being bad even if its not ,, you will need to replace that part and the part number is 8182697 which cost about $156 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you ,, thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there any instruction on how to pull out the old one and replace it?
you have two screws holding it and just take it loose and swap the wires and it also comes with instructions ,,, Glad i could help you with your problem so please press the accept button before you leave for my time and knowledge ,, thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

heres a video to help you remove and replace the CCU.

just click this blue link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XhyMOz7qxE

and here is a link to the part if you wish to order this on line.

clcik here there are no screws holding the CCU itself this is held by clips. the video shows you how to remove and replace it. hope this info helps you. thanks Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will do what you said and respond afterwards. So far no local parts store has it in stock without $100 upcharge. Will have to order online for $150 price.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay, I just wanted you to have all the info you needed, thanks and have a great night. Bryan
i don't know how he got this when we were working with each other but here is a link to the part for $156 ,,

click here for the part
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/8182697/0026/110?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=8182697

Glad i could help you with your problem so please press the accept button before you leave for my time and knowledge ,, thanks
if you have any other question please respond to me only ,, thank you
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I was wondering if the info I sent helped. Just wanted you to know you can respond to either of us. If you have more questions please do ask. I will be happy to help you further, thanks and best wishes, Bryan