gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs
51919146

how can i find out if my maytag neptune washer has a clog?

how can i find out if my maytag neptune washer has a clog? it is not draining out all water. I can hear it when i turn the drum manually. HELP!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.

gst85 :

hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX assist you with your problem.please remember to press accept if i have been helpful.

gst85 :

do you have the full model number?

Customer:

no; where would i find it?

gst85 :

its usually located inside the door way.

gst85 :

its going to be a white tag that has the model and serial.i only need the model number

Customer:

not there.

gst85 :

ok check behind the control panel.

Customer:

ok. give me a quick minute.

gst85 :

`sure

Customer:

ok. model #MAH55FLBWW serial # XXXXX

gst85 :

thanks,so it does sound like it wants to drain but it wont,
correct?

Customer:

no, there's nothing different about the sound. i just noticed that the clothes were not as clean as they had been getting and they were a lot wetter after a cycle, even on Max Extract setting. So I unloaded it and turned the drum and it sounds like there's a gallon or two or 3 of water behind the drum that moves when the drum moves.

gst85 :

is the tub going into spin cycle ?

Customer:

seems to be

gst85 :

you most likely have blockage in your drain pump pump hose area.you'll need to access the pump to check for blockage,are you going to work on it yourself?

Customer:

unfortunately, yes

gst85 :

ok what i am going to do is post a few diagrams for you as well as an image on the drain pump.

Customer:

that would be great. i am pretty good about following diagrams and instructions.

gst85 :

thats good news.just a few more

gst85 :

[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE] BASE the pump is mounted on the base,the first iagram wil show you that the front cover will need to be removed to access the pump,once you have accessed ,you wil then need to remove the pump hose which is where you will find most blockage.

gst85 :

is there anything else that i can help you with?

Customer:

so am i going in from the front? the first Part Select photo of pump talks about taking the back off. Just want to be sure.

gst85 :

you can access the pump by removing the rear panel,but it may be a bit more difficult for you to access only becuse the pump is located towards the front

Customer:

ok, i think i have it now. do i need special tools or normal screwdrivers, etc?

gst85 :

you will just need a phillps and a 5/16 hex screwdriver .

Customer:

ok, anything else i need to know before launching on this?

gst85 :

1/4hex screwdriver

Customer:

ok, have those. is that it?

gst85 :

unplug the machine before you start .that is all.

gst85 :

good luck to you.

Customer:

good idea. thanks a lot; you've been a real help!

gst85 :

your welcome.

Customer:

ok; over and out.

gst85 :

please leave feedback.have a great one

Customer:

how do i leave feedback?

gst85 :

after you have accepted.

gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs