Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We own a GE Microwave Model # XXXXX Serial # XXXXX

Customer Question

We own a GE Microwave Model # XXXXX Serial # XXXXX Mf'd date April 2009.
The rotisserie plate turns very slowly and stops turning altogether when something as light as a cup of coffee is set onto it.
Also, the finish of the base of the unit inside where the roller roll has begun to wear down to a 2" groove exposing metal.
What can be done to correct both of these
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

It sounds like your turntable motor is just starting to fail and needs to be replaced. Just unplug the microwave and remove all the screws going into the bottom panel. The bottom will hinge down so you can access the motor from below. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order.

As for the metal being exposed, there is a microwave cavity paint that you can purchase to spray the exposed parts, but I will warn you that the surface will not be quite as smooth after you spray it with the paint. Either way, below is a link to the stuff you'll need.