Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My RS267LASH Refregirator Digital control model is not working.

Customer Question

My RS267LASH Refregirator Digital control model is not working. Temperature is showing 88 and 88 for both freezer and refrigerator. but inside is pretty cold. however, i cant change the temperature. every time i hit freezer button it keep beeping. no change in temperature.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

88 88 on the display is an error for a shorted control board. You can try to unplug the unit for 60 seconds to see if the electronics will reset. If not then the display control board that is showing 88 88 just needs to be ordered and replaced to fix this issue.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
unplugged for 60 seconds. did no work. how do i replace the control panel?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
I can't say for certain without being there, but there are either 2 slots under the front dispenser panel where the drip try is located that you slide a screwdriver into and pry out on to unclip the panel, or there are screws somewhere up under the display you need to unscrew. The part you'd need to order and replace is DA97-03337C. Below is a link to the part.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
you were 100% wrong. there was no shortage problem. I pushed power freeze and power cool button for 3 seconds. issue is resolved.

I did not mean to accept you earlier message. the system has accepted automatically.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Power freeze and power cool will unlock the control panel if it's locked, but that shouldn't have any bearing on showing 88 88. Either way, I'm glad it's working again regardless.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Your answer sucked. All i am saying you have to give this option before asking someone to replace expensive stuff.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
I would have, had I thought it would do anything. But 88 88 has nothing to do with the control panel being locked. The fact that it fixed the issue is just a very strange way that the display board failed. Either way, the fact that it's working now is really the most important part. Of course, replacing the display board would have gotten the unit to work as well. It's sort of like hitting an old TV to get it to work again. Does it work? Sure sometimes, but there isn't really a reason you can explain for it working.