JCCARVER, appliance doctor
Experience:  25 years experience

I have a kenmore elite rfrigerator model(NNN) NNN-NNNN and the

Customer Question

I have a kenmore elite rfrigerator model(NNN) NNN-NNNN and the display is showing Er if. aNY THOUGHTS AS TO WHAT THE PROBLEM IS?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  JCCARVER replied 4 years ago.

This error code Er indicates a problem with the evaporator fan motor but it can also be with the main control board. When the power cord is disconnected for 30 seconds and then reconnected, it resets the board. Sometimes this procedure corrects the problem and sometimes it does, for only a short period of time. Usually in this case, the main board will need to be replaced. First it needs to be determined if the fan motor is running or not. If the motor is still running, the main board, which is located behind the unit, will need to be replaced. If the motor is not running, some voltage checks will need to be made to, determine if the motor has failed or if the board is not sending voltage to the motor. These are some difficult checks to make and the motor can be a difficult repair