Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Maytag washer is excellent except a lot of times when it

My Maytag washer is excellent except a lot of times when it spins it feels and sounds like it's going to break apart. If I work with it several times trying to balance the load sometimes I can get it to roll more smoothly. It sounds horrible. I wonder if something is loose inside.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker under the lid or on the back of the control panel on the far left.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Undecided Centennial Commercial Technology W 10140921 D
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok, does the washer spin normally whenever there are no clothes inside of it?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I haven't tried that, but I'll go try it now.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, it works fine except that I just put a little water in it and then put it on spin without any clothes. Should I take the time to try to wash a small load of clothes now??
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
no, thats fine. I just wanted to make sure the suspenstion wasn't the issue. Which means that something dealing with the counter balance system (whether the springs or the skate plate below the tub) is failing and needs to be replaced. You really would need to remove the entire outer shell of the washer and then check to make sure all the springs are attached. If so, then you'll need to call a technician to have the skate plate replaced because it's not easy to replace this part at all.